Campusboard is a location-based social network that helps students find accommodation, trade textbooks and any other unwanted items with other students nearby.
We want to build the largest online community marketplace for millions of university students worldwide.
To help us achieve our ambitious plans and build excellent products we are looking for a talented software engineer with experience in backend and/or frontend development to join our small and friendly engineering team and help us build the next generation of the product.
You'll be one of the first engineers joining us at an early stage and will have a unique experience of making direct impact on the development and growth of the company from the ground up often wearing multiple hats at once.
We currently have a number of innovative products in our pipeline, that are challenging engineering-wise. You'll build one of such product from the ground up and will be responsible for its launch and subsequent operation.
We are happy to accept (and would actually prefer) recent graduates, talented students currently enrolled at university or experienced junior developers. Computer science degree is not a requirement, but strong Computer Science fundamentals are important.
Campusboard runs on modern technologies used by many of the largest tech companies. You'll have a chance to learn and work with them and choose your own tools for the new products and features you'll build.
- work closely with our designer to iterate on the design and implementation of our beautiful user interfaces that can work on all screen sizes
- develop scalable and efficient architectures powering our new products and features
- design and implement APIs for our front-end app
- Bring new Campusboard products and services to life
- As a software engineer, you will own your product and will be responsible for designing, building, and maintaining it.
- Have high independence in developing your product, from your choice of underlying technology stack to implementation details.
- Familiarity with server-side MVC web frameworks, such as Ruby on Rails or Django
- Excellent grasp of HTML, CSS, and related web technologies
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals
- Awareness of cross-browser compatibility issues and client-side performance considerations
- Deeply enjoy creating highly usable user interfaces
- Demonstrated design and UX sensibilities
- Can put yourself in the shoes of your users and be a steward of crafting great experiences
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals
- Familiarity with server-side MVC web frameworks, such as Ruby on Rails or Django. We work mostly in Ruby. However, languages can be learned: we care much more about your general engineering skill than knowledge of a particular language or framework.
- Fluency in any backend server language, and experience working with relational databases and schema design.
- Can stitch together many different services and processes together even if you have not worked with them before
- Analytical problem solving skills
- Exceptional ability to work anywhere in the technical stack, delivering quality code both on the frontend and backend.
- Enjoy being a generalist working on both the frontend, backend, and anything it takes to solve problems and delight users both internally and externally
Nice to have:
- TDD experience
- RESTful API experience
- Track record of pursuing self directed side projects, research, or open source projects
- Interest in open source and early adoption of future standards (ES6, etc.)
- Proactiveness, good communication and fast learning.
- Strong analytical thinking, experienced with making product decisions based on data and A/B testing.
Technologies we use and teach:
- Ruby on Rails, Node.js, AWS infrastructure, PostgreSQL, Redis, Memcached
- Ember.js, ES6, SASS
- monthly salary
Job Type: Full-time
If you’re unsure, please apply – we’d love to hear from you!
To apply, just email your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.orgApply Now